Sunday 13 October 2013

ILLUSTRATION #1

illustration #1

october month

So I first began fashion illustrating a couple of months ago, probably back in March/June time after visiting now one of my favourite places in the world... Venice! Of course, me, Harriet, being totally obsessed with fashion and design, I chose to create a textile final piece which could give me the ability to try out something I'd never done before so I gave myself the challenge of designing, creating and machining a dress. I will do a post on my dress soon but for the time being I don't want to write too much about it as it is yet to be completed!

Obviously I've had to learn from the very beginning how to sketch models and drawing the right body proportions. It's really quite strange because there's a lot more to fashion illustrating than what meets the eye. This is probably one of the most creative aspects I enjoyed about design work. Ever since I've taken it on as a kind of hobby plus its something to do when I have a moment for example, if I'm travelling etc. I  also purchased a very cute little notepad with a fine liner pen that clips onto it from Paperchase. Whenever I'm out and about, I just carry the two in my bag so if any ideas for a sketch do spring to mind I'm able to jot it down. Anyway, the purpose of this post was to show you a short video that I uploaded to instagram which is an illustration of a tartan number from Junya Watanabe's AW13/14 collection (see here) I drew this morning. I know its a bit rough but it only took around 10-15 minutes. Hope you enjoy!

Hatty x

SOURCE: MY OWN


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11055825/?claim=dj8evps7g2p">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment